Talk about everything else
User avatar
Chrysonyx
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by Chrysonyx Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:05 pm

I currently use a Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5319 for general internet browsing and light gaming (such as Age of Empires). However I am looking for a way of either upgrading my laptop or buying a new one in order to play heavier games. I am stuck in either upgrading my laptops RAM or get SSD. If upgrading is not the best option, then I'll go for a good deal at my local electronics store.
My laptops Specs regarding gaming go as follows:
4 GB of RAM DDR3L 1600 MHz
Windows 8.1
500GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial ATA)
AMD Dual-Core E1-2100 Accelerated Processor w/ Radeon HD Graphics.

I can upgrade my laptop to the maximum of 16 GB of RAM or I can get an SSD.
Unfortunately I cannot upgrade my graphics card, but I can invest in a better computer.
Obviously I am trying to get the most out of my money with the least money spent.

The games that I want to play are FPS games that require some beef to play but I am glad to just use Medium settings if that is the maximum I can do.
(BTW, I am looking for a laptop NOT a desktop as I have no space in my apartment! :lol: )
:lol: Emperor of New Rome :lol:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
zamy
DESTINYbit Staff
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 12:49 am

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by zamy Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:12 pm

It depends on the budget...
For example, Asus makes some nice gaming laptops (look at the ROG series), that will last for a lot, but are quite expensive than a normal laptop.
------------------------------------------------
Daminato Simone @zaminatoe
DESTINYbit
Co-founder & Technical Director
User avatar
Chrysonyx
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by Chrysonyx Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:14 pm

zamy wrote:It depends on the budget...
For example, Asus makes some nice gaming laptops (look at the ROG series), that will last for a lot, but are quite expensive than a normal laptop.

In terms of US dollars, around $250-$750
:lol: Emperor of New Rome :lol:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
zamy
DESTINYbit Staff
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 12:49 am

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by zamy Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Well with that i would go with a new laptop, since you actual CPU is lowend and increasing the RAM will not get you real benefit :)

Maybe the SSD could help, but not on the long term.
------------------------------------------------
Daminato Simone @zaminatoe
DESTINYbit
Co-founder & Technical Director
User avatar
Chrysonyx
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by Chrysonyx Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:00 pm

zamy wrote:Well with that i would go with a new laptop, since you actual CPU is lowend and increasing the RAM will not get you real benefit :)

Maybe the SSD could help, but not on the long term.

Ok thx! I'll give my laptop to my mom once I have a new one. LOL
:lol: Emperor of New Rome :lol:
ImageImageImage
Tacticus
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Mississippi, United States

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by Tacticus Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:52 pm

SSD is amazing. It's what i'm using.

However, I don't recommend ASUS. I'm currently using an ASUS gaming laptop that cost $1100. It's pretty burnt out after only a year and a half.

It works yes, but for $1100, it wasn't worth it.
Lord Admiral General Commander Superior Colonel, etc, etc,
Tacticus
User avatar
Deck
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by Deck Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Tacticus wrote:SSD is amazing. It's what i'm using.

However, I don't recommend ASUS. I'm currently using an ASUS gaming laptop that cost $1100. It's pretty burnt out after only a year and a half.

It works yes, but for $1100, it wasn't worth it.


I've an Asus laptop, I think it's one of the best if you put an external air cooling
KoN_Ulla
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:28 am

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by KoN_Ulla Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:59 am

I also had problems with my Asus, it was getting to warm and restarting because of it even if all I played were old school games that is easy should handle..

And it would be almost no point upgradin ram etc for a laptop, I think it is quite expencive to do and if you can afford it you are better off with a newone 8-)
Mansell
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Any Suggestions On Gaming?

by Mansell Sat May 27, 2017 3:46 pm

KoN_Uella wrote:I also had problems with my Asus, it was getting to warm and restarting because of it even if all I played were old school games that is easy should handle..

And it would be almost no point upgradin ram etc for a laptop, I think it is quite a good product to do and if you can afford it you are better off with a newone 8-)


Laptops don't tend to last as long as desktops do.
Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests