Report here any bug & glitches you find in the alpha
Opoczan

Disappearing cursor, poor performance

by Opoczan Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi, I got the beta key a few days ago, and I played the game a bit. The first thing that I noticed was that the cursor tends to disappear when it is over a building or resource, like trees or mines. It does not happen with any units or ground. I also played a game on a 4vs4 map, with 7 AI players, and it was extremely laggy from the start (regular vision was turned on, so most of the map was invisible), and crashed about 20 minutes into the game. My PC specs are:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
This probably shouldn't happen, so I guess it's an optimization issue. Other than that, I love the game so far :)
zamy
DESTINYbit Staff

Re: Disappearing cursor, poor performance

by zamy Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:01 pm

About the cursor, are you playing in windowed mode? (we saw the cursors appear, in that case, if you go out and back in with the mouse).

Yeah, we know there are performance issues, expecially with the ai.
We are hugely improving them right now, the ai will be fixed later in the development.
------------------------------------------------
Daminato Simone @zaminatoe
DESTINYbit
Co-founder & Technical Director
Opoczan

by Opoczan Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:55 pm

I was playing in fullscreen mode. And the AI tends to do nothing in late game, but yeah, I have a bit of experience with programming AI, and I could imagine it's a huge difficulty to program one for an RTS game.
zamy
DESTINYbit Staff

by zamy Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:09 am

Opoczan wrote:I was playing in fullscreen mode. And the AI tends to do nothing in late game, but yeah, I have a bit of experience with programming AI, and I could imagine it's a huge difficulty to program one for an RTS game.

Interesting, thanks.
About the AI, it's not about the difficult but just the time spent in scripting it :D
------------------------------------------------
Daminato Simone @zaminatoe
DESTINYbit
Co-founder & Technical Director
Return to Bug Report